Cooking in Season: 100 Recipes for Eating Fresh
Nothing brings fuller and more vibrant flavor to recipes than the use of the best seasonal ingredients. This inspiring cookbook pairs choice ingredients with complementary cooking techniques for savoring optimal flavor throughout the year. With four chapters—one for each season—and more than 100 recipes accompanied by lush photography, the best fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, and shellfish come to the table in simple yet dynamic preparations.
- Includes 100 easy and appealing modern recipes, from appetizers to desserts.
- Simple recipes focus on showcasing ingredients at their peak of flavor and freshness and pair them with cooking techniques appropriate to each season.
- Includes a guide with helpful tips to selecting fresh produce and ingredients throughout the year.
- Each chapter has two features: one highlighting seasonal ingredients, and the other presenting easy seasonal variations on simple base recipes.
- Highlights include: Ricotta & Pea Crostini with Tarragon & Pink Peppercorns; Grilled Pork Chops with Summer Plums & Thyme; Coconut-Curry Butternut Squash Soup; Shiitake Mushrooms & Winter Greens; Crème Brûlée with Caramelized Blood Oranges.